Don’t Let Car Maintenance Terrify You this Halloween
Running out of candy on Halloween night is a scary thought! However, do you know what is even spookier? Neglecting to prioritize proper car maintenance throughout the fall months. Heading into winter, it’s of ghastly importance to be proactive in preparing your car’s battery, brakes, headlights, tires, and windshield wipers for the sometimes-frightening harsh weather ahead. So here are some tips to avoid problems in these five parts of your car.
- Battery: On All Hallow’s Eve, it’s important to prepare for an encounter with the undead. Make sure your battery is charged (and fully alive!) to make a quick getaway. Check and charge your battery this fall at a service center near you.
- Brakes: With all those little fairies and ninjas on the road, safe braking is crucial. Also, sliding into the winter months should not mean sliding on icy roads. Have those brakes checked out now—before the trick-or-treaters and winter storms arrive.
- Headlights: What happens when the crypt keeper jumps out in front of your car on a dark and treacherous evening? With your newly serviced brakes, you can come to a quick stop—if you see him! Don’t forget to test those headlights regularly, replace bulbs if needed, and give those lamps a thorough cleaning. Nothing ruins a holiday like running into ghouls unprepared.
- Tires: The streets just ooze fun and playfulness this time of year, so make sure your tires have a great grip during all your travels. Perform a weekly visual inspection to check for wear and damage and check the tire pressure bi-weekly. If your tread depth is low or cords are showing, you could be in danger on the roads, and that can be truly terrifying.
- Windshield Wipers: Part of the fun of Halloween is never knowing what kind of superhero or princess will show up at your doorstep. What’s not so fun is unpredictable winter weather and how it affects visibility during your commutes. Fall is a great time to replace your wiper blades, and don’t forget to refill your wiper reservoir with fluid to keep your windshield clean and clear.
This Halloween Mighty Auto Parts can help you be fully armed and ready to fight those creepy creatures and the upcoming challenges of winter weather. Follow these tips if you want to be ghoulish and not foolish this Halloween and into the months ahead.
Learn more here about the automotive treats instead of tricks offered by Mighty Auto Parts!